KOTA KINABALU: The Sabah Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia’s (BERSATU) Angkatan Bersatu Anak Muda (Armada) has challenge State Education and Innovation Minister Datuk Dr Yusof Yacob to show an evidence he was offered RM50 million to join the opposition coalition.
State Armada Chief, Mohd Isquzawan Datuk Seri Arsit, said Dr Yusof must show a proof of his accusation considering the amount of money he claimed being offered to him is not small.
He said if the claim made by the Parti Warisan Sabah (Warisan) Information Chief is true, then he should report it to the police or Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).
“Sabah Bersatu Armada challenge Dr Yusof to immediately make a police report, show the proof and name the party he accuse of offering him RM50 million to switch camp.
“If Dr Yusof is afraid to show the proof and make a police report, then his accusation of having received an offer up to RM50 million is just a lie and fake news,” he said in a statement, today.l
Isquzawan said this is response to Dr Yusof who on Friday claimed he had been offered cash RM50 million to join the oppositions which intend to form the new state government.
Dr Yusof, who is also Sindumin State Assemblyman, has claimed he was contacted several times since early this month by individuals claiming to be a representative of a former senior leader of the previous state government.
“Apart from the cash offer, they also offer a full minister post if the new government become a reality. The last time I was contacted was three days ago and they suggested meeting me, but I didn’t entertain them but instead, I rejected the offer,” said Dr Yusof.
Dr Yusof also alleged that this group of former leaders who are no longer in power uses agent or ‘broker’ to buy elected representatives to switch to supporting the Perikatan Nasional (PN).
Isquzawan accuse Dr Yusof of lying and deliberately making up the story about the RM50 million cash offer so to give a negative impression on opposition party leaders in the State.
He also question Dr Yusof’s act of confessing in the media that he had received such an offer but, at the same time, did not lodge a police report?
Isquzawan also challenge Dr Yusof to quit his post as a Minister and Sindumin State Assemblyman if he lied and failed to prove his allegation of receiving a RM50 million offer.
“It is obvious that the admissions made by several State Government assemblymen since recently are just a false and baseless accusation,” he stressed.
He said making such an accusation without a proof and linking it to former senior leaders of Sabah and Perikatan Nasional (PN) is a dirty tactic and an act meant to smear the good name of the PN Government.-pr/BNN